DCA Budget Commission
The District Court of Appeal Budget Commission was created to oversee the preparation and implementation of the district court component of the judicial branch budget. The Commission is directly responsible for recommending budgeting and funding policies and procedures for the district court budgets, so that the funding requirements of each of the intermediate appellate courts can be adequately addressed while promoting statewide operational consistency.
The next District Court of Appeal Budget Commission (DCABC) meeting has not been scheduled. For additional information, please contact Dorothy Wilson at (850) 488-3735 or email@example.com
Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation to participate in the meeting should contact Jessica McKenzie, at 500 South Duval Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1900, by phone 850-410-1894, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, as far in advance as possible but preferably at least five working days before the date of the scheduled meeting. Persons using a TDD may contact Jessica McKenzie through the Florida Relay Service, 711.
Summary of Function
The District Court of Appeal Budget Commission is charged with specific responsibility to:
- Establish budgeting and funding policies and procedures consistent with judicial branch plans and policies, directions from the supreme court, and in consideration of input from supreme court committees;
- Make recommendations to the supreme court on a unitary district court component of the annual judicial branch budget request;
- Advocate for the district court component of the annual judicial branch budget request;
- Make recommendations to the supreme court on funding allocation formulas and/or criteria as well as associated accountability mechanisms based on actual legislative appropriations;
- Monitor district court expenditure trends and revenue collections to identify unanticipated budget problems and to ensure the efficient use of resources;
- Recommend statutory and rule changes related to district court budgets;
- Develop recommended responses to findings on financial audits and reports from the Supreme Court Inspector General, Auditor General, Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability, and other governmental entities charged with auditing responsibilities regarding district court budgeting when appropriate;
- Recommend to the supreme court district court budget reductions required by the Legislature;
- Identify potential additional sources of revenue for the district courts; and
- Recommend to the supreme court legislative pay plan issues for district court personnel.
Upon request by a qualified individual with a disability, documents will be made available in alternate formats. To order a document in an alternate format, please contact Jessica McKenzie, at 500 South Duval Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1900, by phone 850-410-1894, or email: email@example.com.