Current Job Opportunity
March 12, 2014
March 26, 2014
Supreme Court Education & Information Administrator
Supreme Court Office of Public Information, Tallahassee, Florida
$4,588.91 to $9,242.07 (Monthly*)
*The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide coordination of the Supreme Court’s educational and outreach programs and management of the Supreme Court website. The position is responsible for developing, coordinating and conducting educational programs for the Court; performing webmaster duties; providing training to staff and guidance to Court committees; and conducting presentations at Court conferences regarding electronic accessibility. The position works under general supervision independently developing work methods and sequences.
Examples of Work Performed
- Schedules, designs, coordinates and conducts Florida Supreme Court educational programs for teachers, students, foreign dignitaries, etc., including tours of the Supreme Court Building.
- Develops and coordinates educational outreach activities and support services, including developing content in various mediums.
- Manages the internship program of the Public Information Office including recruitment, selection, training and supervision of interns.
- Performs web administration services.
- Develops, designs and posts web pages and documents to court websites using advanced internet technologies.
- Identifies areas of improvement (content, design, accessibility, functionality and consistency) of each website and assists in addressing same.
- Coordinates the Supreme Courts efforts regarding Section 508 Web and Electronic Document Accessibility including development and presentation of training curriculum and materials for all court staff, judges, attorneys, etc.
- Provides training to court staff in programs used for web postings, such as Dream Weaver or Adobe.
Education and Training Guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in education, law, information technology, marketing or a closely related field.
- Additional relevant experience may substitute for the recommended educational level on a year-for-year basis.
- Five years of related experience.
- Additional relevant education may substitute for the recommended experience on a year-for-year basis, excluding supervisory experience.
Data Responsibility: Coordinates and determines time, place or sequence of operations or activities based on analysis of information and implements and reports on operations and activities.
People Responsibility: Persuades or influences others in favor of a service, course of action, or point of view.
Assets Responsibility: Requires responsibility and opportunity for achieving moderate economies and/or preventing moderate losses through the management or handling of equipment of high value or moderate amounts of money.
Mathematical Requirements: Uses practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions, measurements, or logarithms; may use algebraic solutions of equations and equalities, deductive geometry, and/or descriptive statistics.
Communications Requirements: Reads journals, manuals and professional publications; speaks informally and formally to groups of coworkers, staff in other organizational agencies, general public, people in other organizations, and presents training; composes original reports, training and other written materials, specialized reports, using proper language, punctuation, grammar and style; and transcribes meeting minutes using proper format and grammar.
Judgment Requirements: Responsible for guiding others, requiring frequent decisions, affecting the individual and coworkers, and others who depend on the service or product; works in a somewhat fluid environment with rules and procedures but many variations from the routine.
Complexity of Work: Performs work involving the application of principles of logical thinking, scientific, technological or legal practice to diagnose or define problems, collect data and solve abstract problems with widespread unit or organization impact; requires sustained, intense concentration for accurate results and continuous exposure to unusual pressure.
Impact of Decisions: The impact of errors is moderately serious.
Equipment Usage: Handles and uses machines, tools, equipment, or work aids involving moderate latitude for judgment regarding attainment of standard or in selecting appropriate items, such as computers, peripherals, software programs, or custom applications.
Physical Demands: Performs sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or sustained keyboard operations.
All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this vacancy announcement must be verifiable on your State of Florida Employment Application.
How to Apply
Submit/upload a current and complete State of Florida Employment Application to the People First Service Center online at: https://PeopleFirst.MyFlorida.com.
For additional information, questions, or concerns, please contact: Office of Personnel Services at 850-487-0778
An application must be submitted for the position listing the appropriate class title and position number for which you are applying. Your application must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, genetic information or disability.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call the Office of Personnel Services at 850-487-0778.
Persons using a TDD may call the contact person through the Florida Relay Service 1-800-955-8771.