Current Job Opportunity
April 17, 2014
May 16, 2014
Trial Court Technology Officer
Working Title - SharePoint Developer/Web Designer
Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court, Miami, Florida
The essential function of the position within the organization is to manage technology operations. The position is responsible for staff supervision, developing and implementing strategic plans for court technology, preparing and managing budgets, developing and implementing computer policies and procedures, managing technology projects, and performing related administrative tasks. The position develops and implements programs within organizational policies; reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is part of the Applications group within the Courts Information Technology Services (CITeS) Division that provides key technology support/solutions to the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida.
This is a key role working directly with end users in the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC), the members of the development team, as well as management under the direction of the Applications Development Manager to help lead the development of internal and external-facing websites. The role also requires the ability to create visually appealing web and user interfaces. The incumbent will participate in state-wide, cross-line teams to define business process, compile requirements, draw up technical designs, and implement efficient solutions. This position will employ appropriate quality software engineering practice and deploy into a state wide production environment. Balancing multiple projects and strong ability to work in a team environment are key aspects of this position.
- Work with client and project management teams to translate business cases into requirements, functional specifications and project work plans.
- Work with client and project management teams to clearly articulate project requirements and objectives, identify and analyze preliminary business needs, time estimates, and define the project scope and objectives.
- Develop, design, and architect web applications in both standalone and team environments.
- Communicate information architecture, project design (both user interface and technical) with client.
- Enforce and follow development standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Keep abreast of new technologies.
- Manage multiple projects, both large and small, at once.
- Perform related work as required.
Education and Training Guidelines
PREFERENCE: Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in business management or administration, information technology, computer science, management information systems, or a closely related field; or other coursework showing extensive emphasis on programming; Master’s Degree preferred with seven years of application development using object-oriented languages and at least four years of developmental experience with each of the following:
- Extensive, hands-on experience of web application and/or consumer Internet environment.
- NET technologies using C# and/or VB.NET programming languages.
- Visual Studio development environment.
- SharePoint 2010 (knowledge of 2013 as well) development, including administration, web parts, site customization, SharePoint Search configuration and SharePoint Designer
- Database Administration of RDBMS (i.e., Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) using Structure Query Language (SQL).
- Supporting web-based applications using Microsoft IIS.
- Microsoft certification preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of custom application/component development where appropriate to support enterprise projects and ability to leverage use of Out of the Box (OOTB) SharePoint features and functionality.
- Knowledge/understanding of SharePoint Web Content Management capabilities including publishing features, content deployment, content approval and scheduling and web page authoring.
- Ability to design, develop, deploy and maintain custom components such as master pages, web parts, workflows, user controls and InfoPath forms for intranet sites and public portals using SharePoint Server platform.
- Knowledge with XML concepts related to datasets, serialization and XML schemas.
- Solid knowledge in data driven, web application development, using Microsoft technologies.
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and UML methodologies for creation and maintenance of software classes suited for code reuse by development team and/or new development.
- Knowledge of application development processes including design, prototyping, testing and deployment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IIS and .NET web application servers.
- Ability to fully utilize the Internet technologies available such as .Net, Client-Server, N-Tier, and Model View Controller architectures.
- Ability to use Rapid Application Development tools and component technologies to build client-side and server-side Web applications.
- Ability to effectively organize project tasks and develop a successful product.
- Ability to contribute technically in a broad range of areas including programming, design and architecture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong communication skills to communicate with customers, vendors, support personnel, application development staff and management.
Work involves a significant amount of standing, walking, sitting, talking, listening, balancing, stooping, and reaching with hands and arms; must be able to transfer up to 10 pounds.
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call Maria Mihaic at 305-349-7354.