Current Job Opportunity
April 24, 2014
May 7, 2014
Office of the State Courts Administrator, Office of Budget Services, Tallahassee, Florida
$3,599.46 - $7,249.31 (Monthly*)
*The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to assist with the coordination, analysis and development of the Courts System budgeting process and/or manage and direct procurement, asset management and overall distribution of goods and services. The position is responsible for coordinating, projecting, analyzing and tracking expenditures; managing and directing procurement, asset management and overall distribution of goods and services; reviewing and approving purchase requisitions/orders; preparing, monitoring and analyzing budget funding needs, requests and allotments; developing and evaluating objectives for program specific budgets; submitting and defending budgets; preparing budget amendments; and performing general accounting and clerical functions, including preparing and presenting complex reports. The position works under general supervision independently developing work methods and sequences.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED: (Note: The examples of work as listed in this class specification are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assists with coordination, analysis, tracking and development of the Courts System budgeting process in accordance with the General Appropriations Act for the State Courts System; analyzes spending patterns and makes appropriate recommendations as required
- Board; forecasts expenditures and their implications in the System budget.
- Manages and directs procurement, asset management and overall distribution of goods and services; reviews purchasing requisitions and approves purchase orders.
- Plans, organizes and participates in general accounting activities, such as monitoring expenditures revenue, preparing of expenditure and payroll reports, submitting budget corrections, or resolving vendor disputes and discrepancies
- Supervises departmental personnel, including training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, and recommending disciplinary action.
- Proposes and analyzes System budget expenditure policies and assists with preparation of the policy manual; meets regularly with System managerial personnel to coordinate growth and distribution of expenditures; assists with Emergency Management Procedures and Plan.
- Manages administrative/clerical functions such as preparing spreadsheets, conducting research, compiling information/data and preparing or reconciling periodic and special reports, analyzing legislative bills, or performing data entry of financial information.
- Attends or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends technical or professional seminars or conferences to improve professional skills.
Education and Training Guidelines
Additional relevant experience may substitute for the recommended educational level on a year-for-year basis and additional relevant education may substitute for the recommended experience on a year-for-year basis.
Education or training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a closely related field and four years of related experience.
- Data Responsibility - Directs others in major events and reports on activities and results.
- People Responsibility - Persuades or influences others in favor of a service, course of action, or point of view.
- Assets Responsibility - Requires responsibility and opportunity for achieving considerable economies and/or preventing considerable losses through accounting for or handling large amounts of money
- .Mathematical Requirements - Uses advanced algebra working with exponents and logarithms or linear quadratic equations; analytic geometry; and/or statistics, applying mathematical operations to frequency distribution, reliability and validity, analysis of variance, or correlation techniques.
- Communications Requirements - Reads professional publications; composes complex reports and manuals; speaks formally to groups outside the organization.
- Complexity of Work - Performs work involving the application of logical principles and thinking to solve practical problems within or applying to a unit or division of the organization; requires continuous, close attention for accurate results and frequent exposure to unusual pressure.
- Impact of Decisions - Makes decisions with moderate impact - affects those in work unit.
- Equipment Usage - Handles machines, tools, equipment, or work aids involving moderate latitude for judgment regarding attainment of standard or in selecting appropriate items, such as computers, peripherals, or software programs such as word processing, spreadsheets or complex custom financial/accounting applications.
How to Apply
Submit a current and complete State of Florida Employment Application to the People First Service Center online at https://peoplefirst.myf!orida.com/.
For additional information , questions, or concerns, please contact: Office of Personnel Services at 850-922-7034.
An application must be submitted for the position listing the appropriate class title and position number for which you are applying. Your application must be received by 11:59 on the closing date.
The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call the contact person at the number indicated for each respective position. Persons using a TDD may call the contact person through the Florida Relay Service 1-800-955- 8771.