Trial Court Budget Commission (TCBC)
Summary of Functions:
The Trial Court Budget Commission is charged with specific responsibility to:
- Establish budgeting and funding policies and procedures consistent with judicial branch plans and policies, directions from the supreme court, and in consideration of input from supreme court committees and from the Florida Conference of Circuit Judges and the Florida Conference of County Court Judges
- Make recommendations to the supreme court on the trial court component of the annual judicial branch budget request
- Advocate for the trial court component of the annual judicial branch budget request and associated statutory changes
- Make recommendations to the supreme court on funding allocation formulas and budget implementation
- Monitor trial court expenditure trends and revenue collections
- Recommend statutory and rule changes related to trial court budgets
- Develop recommended responses to findings on financial audits and reports
- Recommend to the supreme court trial court budget reductions required by the legislature
- Identify potential additional sources of revenue for the trial courts
- Recommend to the supreme court legislative pay plan issues for trial court personnel, except the commission shall not make recommendations as to pay or benefits for judges.
Committees of the TCBC
For technical assistance, please contact John Sherer at firstname.lastname@example.org.