The 2009-2015 Long-Range Plan for the Florida Judicial Branch was presented to the Court July 1, 2009 and approved the same day. The Task Force on Judicial Branch Planning facilitated several initiatives during their work to update the plan:
- A public opinion telephone survey conducted by OpinionWorks.
- Nine public meetings throughout the state. These meetings provided an arena for the public and court partners to voice opinions, ask questions, or provide information.
- A "Justice System Partners Workshop" attended by entities whose functions intersect in some way with the court system.
- Four focus groups of judicial leaders, core court personnel, and external stake-holders. The attendees worked in groups to brain-storm long-range goals and strategies for the courts.
The four issues discussed were:
- Clarifying the Role of the Judicial Branch
- Improving the Administration of Justice
- Supporting Competence and Quality
- Enhancing Public Service and Access
- The fifth issue, "Building Public Trust and Confidence" was discussed by all four groups.
- The focus groups were facilitated by Dr. Brenda Wagenknecht-Ivey of Praxis Consulting, Inc.
Current Planning Initiatives