Human Trafficking Links
- Created by a team in Florida’s 11th Circuit, this benchbook is designed to assist judges hearing human trafficking cases.
- Human Trafficking and the State Courts Collaborative website
- Florida Department of Children and Families website
- Department of Juvenile Justice Human Trafficking Screening Tool. If you are interested in using this tool, please contact Bethany Gillot at Bethany.Gilot@djj.state.fl.us to arrange a training in your location.
- Florida Attorney General website
- Florida Department of Juvenile Justice Human Trafficking Screening Tool PDF
- The Office of Justice Programs Office for Victims of Crime Human Trafficking website
- Faces of Human Trafficking Resource Guide: Use this multidisciplinary resource to raise awareness of the seriousness of human trafficking, the many forms it can take, and the important role that everyone can play in identifying and serving victims. This resource includes nine videos, a discussion guide, four fact sheets, and four posters. View the resource online here. Three examples of the video resources are provided below including Faces of Human Trafficking, An Introduction to Sex Trafficking, and An Introduction to Labor Trafficking.
Faces of Human Trafficking: An Introduction - This video introduces the issue of human trafficking—both sex and labor trafficking—in the United States in order to raise awareness and provide a foundation for further discussion and training.
An Introduction to Sex Trafficking - This video provides an overview of sex trafficking. It features survivors and professionals—including law enforcement, judges, and social service, legal, and health care providers—who share information on victim indicators, ways victims are often identified, how professionals may come into contact with victims of sex trafficking, and industries where sex trafficking is more common.
An Introduction to Labor Trafficking - This video provides an overview of labor trafficking. It features survivors and professionals—including law enforcement, judges, social service, legal and health care providers—who share information on victim indicators, ways victims are often identified, how professionals may come into contact with victims of labor trafficking, and industries where labor trafficking is more common.
- Human Trafficking Task Force E-Guide: Developed in partnership with the Bureau of Justice Assistance, this guide was created to assist in the development and operation of anti-human trafficking task forces. The guide provides fundamental guidance for effective task force operations.
- The Florida Statewide Council on Human Trafficking 2017 annual report.
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence Human Trafficking Handbook Updated 2016.
- "Human Trafficking: Protecting Our Youth" is a one-page tip sheet for families that includes summaries about what's happening, what might be seen, and what can be done.
- An Introduction to Human Trafficking in the United States Fact Sheet.