Model Court Project
Using the 2012 Dependency Benchbook as a foundation, model court judges hearing cases involving child abuse and neglect are employing cutting edge court practices and are providing off-the-bench judicial leadership to build strong, community partnerships. The state’s court improvement program in the Florida Office of the State Courts Administrator supports the project by facilitating judicial networking and educational opportunities, providing liaisons to work directly with individual jurisdictions, and linking judges to national technical assistance resources.
Click here for a complete overview of the model courts project.
Office of the State Courts Administrator’s model courts liaisons (and the circuits to which they liaise):
- Avron Bernstein (11th) (850) 414-8661
- John Couch (13th) (850) 410-1527
- Jovasha Lang (1st, 16th, 17th, 20th) (850) 617-4003
- Leigh Merritt (6th, 10th, 12th, 14th) (850) 414-8868
- Nathan Moon (5th, 7th, 15th) (850) 487-0843
- Kathleen Tailer (2nd, 4th, 19th) (850) 617-4007
- Dacia Roberts (3rd, 8th) (850) 922-9337
- Tamarrah Tarver-Small (9th, 18th) (850) 921-6095
The OCI staff may not provide legal assistance. If you need legal assistance, please contact an attorney.