Current Job Opportunity
August 13, 2019
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Deputy Clerk II – Case Support
Supreme Court of Florida, Clerk's Office, Tallahassee, Florida
$3,051.45 - $6,469.07*, *The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to perform detailed tasks for the Office of the Clerk of the Court related to the processing of appellate case files. The position is responsible for:
- Assisting the Clerk of the Court and the Chief Deputy Clerk with processing incoming filings, office workflow, office administration, drafting correspondence, and running statistical reports
- Serving as a liaison to internal court personnel and other court clerks
- Responding to in-person and telephone inquiries from members of the public
- Creating new appeals and petitions in the automated case management system
- Docketing incoming electronic and paper filings
- Issuing court opinions, mandates, and orders
- Preparing, maintaining, and distributing argument/conference calendars, including assignment of cases to merits panels
- Handling and scanning, as necessary, incoming mail
- Maintaining case files and exhibits
- Processing filing fees
- Handling paper and electronic copy requests
The position works under the supervision of the Clerk of the Court and the Chief Deputy Clerk. The Deputy Clerk II – Case Support works professionally with other Clerk’s Office personnel, Justices, court employees, and the general public on a routine basis.
Education and Training Guidelines
Associate’s degree in paralegal, legal assistant, law, or a closely related field, and three years of related experience. Additional relevant experience may substitute for the recommended educational level on a year-for-year basis.
Preference will be given to applicants who: (1) hold a bachelor’s degree or higher; or (2) have prior experience working in a court setting.
Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a State of Florida Application and a résumé with a detailed employment and salary history to email@example.com. All materials must be submitted in PDF format. Additionally, the subject line of the email must read: Deputy Clerk Application. Please complete the attached State of Florida Application for submission. APPLICATION SUBMITTED THROUGH PEOPLE FIRST WILL NOT BE ACCEPETED.
All submissions must contain all necessary paperwork.
For additional information, please contact Christie Davis at (850)410-0019.
The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, or disability.
We hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please contact Marshal Silvester Dawson at (850) 488-8845.