Trauma Curriculum: Moving Toward a Trauma-Responsive Court
In addition to the Trauma and Child Development Tool Kit, and as part of the trauma-responsive court initiative, the Office of Court Improvement has developed curriculum for a three-hour, interactive, multidisciplinary workshop. The goal of the workshop is for the court and its stakeholders to learn about the following:
- The impact of trauma and toxic stress on the developing brain, overall health, and well-being.
- Trauma-responsive practices to implement.
- Self-care strategies.
Facilitator Guide. This provides a list. of who to invite, logistics preparation tips, and a list of session supplies. It also contains the workshop script.
Workshop Agenda. May be found here
PowerPoint Presentation. The PowerPoint presentation is available using two options:
- Click here for the ready-to-go presentation with the video links included in the PowerPoint. This will require a reliable wifi/internet connection at the time of viewing. You may need to, "Right Click", and "Save As" in order to open the PowerPoint file.
- Upon request, the Office of Court Improvement will mail the circuit a flash drive with a copy of the PowerPoint. This version will have embedded videos and will not require wifi/internet at the time of viewing. For a .pdf copy, click here. For questions contact Leigh Merritt
Practical Tips for Professionals. These documents are used for the professional breakout sessions.
- Judges, bailiffs, court staff
- Case workers
- Child protective investigators
- Foster parents
- Guardians ad litem
- Juvenile probation officers
- Leaders and administrators
- School staff
- Treatment providers
Self-Care Tool Kit. This document is used for the final segment of the workshop.
Workshop evaluation. May be found here
Contact Leigh Merritt: firstname.lastname@example.org